Disney has released new information for guests planning to visit Disney Springs when it begins to reopen on May 20, 2020. The updated announcement on the Walt Disney World website mentions that temperature screenings will be conducted, all guests and cast members must wear masks and new physical barriers may be in place in specific locations.
There are six key things guests visiting Disney Springs should know:
- Limited parking and reduced entrances
- Temperature screenings prior to entry
- Face coverings required for everyone
- Physical distancing practices including physically-distanced queues and physical barriers
- Temporary operation modifications, including reduced hours at select locations and no scheduled entertainment offerings or high-touch interactive areas
- An increased focus on disinfecting and sanitation, including the addition of hand-washing stations and hand sanitizers in key areas
The full announcement includes additional details on where guests can park, how temperature screenings will work, who must wear a mask (everyone 3 and older) and the shift to cashless payments.
As of the date of this article, a reopening date has not been scheduled for Walt Disney World’s theme parks and resorts. Disney will likely evaluate how Disney Springs’ reopening goes before making any formal decisions on the rest of Walt Disney World.