Disney has revealed some new information about the transformation of Splash Mountain into Tiana’s Bayou Adventure at Walt Disney World and Disneyland.
The updated attraction, which is scheduled to open in 2024 at both locations, will feature a brand-new cast of original Disney characters and dozens of new audio-animatronics.
Via D23, here’s a batch of fun facts for Tiana’s Bayou Adventure.
- A brand-new cast of original Disney characters with distinct names and personalities
- Dozens of entirely new Audio-Animatronics® figures
- Adorable critters with incredible talent, bringing the diverse flavors of musical gumbo found in New Orleans
- New, original music alongside favorite tunes from the film
- The alluring scent of beignets being prepared for the party in the attraction queue
In addition to the new characters, Tiana’s Bayou Adventure will also feature familiar characters such as Princess Tiana, Prince Naveen, Mama Odie, Louis, Eudora, Charlotte, “Big Daddy,” the King and Queen of Maldonia, and Prince Ralphie.
Splash Mountain was known for its extensive roster of audio-animatronic figures, and it sounds like Tiana’s Bayou Adventure will have quite a few as well.
The note about the scent of beignets filling the queue should more or less confirm that beignets are coming to Walt Disney World. Otherwise, what a cruel joke that would be.
The Splash Mountain transformation is already underway at Walt Disney World, and will begin soon at Disneyland. Splash Mountain’s final day at Disneyland is May 30, 2023 and work will quickly begin on Tiana’s Bayou Adventure.