The Disney Cruise Line Navigator app has a new update that’s being pushed out to mobile devices. This latest update adds features that reveal how the modified cruising experience will work on Disney Cruise Line.
Below are the new features that are available through the app both at home and on board the ship.
- Make advance reservations for complimentary activities beginning 30 days prior to sailing.
- Communicate directly with our Crew via the live chat feature.
- Join a virtual queue to reserve time at the family pool deck area and debark at ports of call.
- Access all restaurant menus digitally.
- Download your onboard transactions.
- Participate in the Emergency Drill by using our app to find your Assembly Station and check in.
The new features will allow Disney Cruise Line to maintain physical distancing and reduced capacities. Initially, guests will need to join virtual queues to enjoy pool time or to leave the ship. These are areas that historically produced large crowds that aren’t ideal in the new world of physical distancing.
While guests may not like having to book pool time, everyone should enjoy a virtual muster drill. The traditional muster drill was always the “let’s get this over with as quickly as possible” portion of the cruise. Being able to complete the drill through the app is a welcome change.
Disney Cruise Line will first test out these features when cruises first resume with ‘Disney Magic at Sea’ in the UK later this summer.