Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse have some fun new outfits in celebration of their 90th anniversary. The iconic duo will sport their new looks, seen in the image above, at Walt Disney World Resort, Disneyland Resort, Hong Kong Disneyland, Shanghai Disney Resort and Disney Cruise Line.
Senior Costume Designer Joe Kucharski spoke about the celebration outfits:
“The looks that Mickey and Minnie will be wearing to celebrate their 90th anniversary represent all of the colorful exuberance of a party and birthday party decorations, complete with confetti, balloons, pompons, streamers and more! These playful bursts of color and texture are set against crisp white, meant to evoke the nostalgic feeling of frosting, crisp linens and tissue paper.”
Where and when should you expect to see the new costumes? Check the list below.
- Walt Disney World beginning January 18 at the new “Move It! Shake It! MousekeDance It! Street Party”
- Hong Kong Disneyland beginning November 18
- Shanghai Disneyland on November 18 only
- Disneyland Resort beginning January 2019
- Disney Cruise Line in Summer 2019
Now that these costumes have been unveiled, look for future announcements regarding food and merchandise carrying the same theme in the near future.
Source: Disney Parks Blog