The Italy Pavilion in Epcot will soon be home to a brand new gelato stand! Opening in May 2021, Gelateria Toscana will sit on the edge of the Italy Pavilion and will offer frozen treats via a walk-up window.
Disney announced the full menu for Gelateria Toscana in a post highlighting some of the best food around Walt Disney World. Guests should look forward to gelati, sorbetti, gelati, floats and specialty beverages.
Below is the full menu:
- Gelati in a Waffle Cone or Cup – Chocolate, vanilla, pistachio, cookies ‘cream, stracciatella, strawberry, or tiramisù
- Sorbetti in a Waffle Cone or Cup – Lemon, raspberry, mixed berry, or mango
- Gelati Floats – Fior di Latte gelato with your choice of root beer or Coca-Cola
- Coppa del Nonno – Fior di Latte, chocolate, and cookies ‘n cream gelati with chocolate sauce, whipped cream, and amaretti cookies
- Coppa Amicizia – Fior di Latte, cookies ‘n cream, and strawberry gelati with whipped cream
- Coppa Delizia – Fior di Latte, strawberry, and cookies ‘n cream gelati with strawberry sauce and whipped cream
- “Affogato” Espresso Gelato – Fresh Italian espresso poured over Fior di Latte gelato with an amaretto cookie
- Cannoli al Cioccolato – Crisp pastry filled with sweet ricotta, chocolate, and candied orange
- Zeppole – Soft fried Ricotta cheese fritters dusted with powdered sugar
- Mocha Tiramisù – Mascarpone cream, espresso coffee, savoiardi biscuits, and chocolate
- Specialty non-alcoholic beverages along with cocktails, beer, and wine are also available
It’ll be nice to see another location offering a variety of frozen treats inside World Showcase. L’Artisan des Glaces in the France Pavilion can see some huge lines during peak times.
While we are excited for Gelateria Toscana to open, we wish Disney would have placed it a bit further back in the Italy Pavilion. The walk-up window sits right next to the main walkway of World Showcase, which will likely add to the congestion of the area. The Italy Pavilion has plenty of space that could have accommodated a walk-up stand.
An official opening date for Gelateria Toscana should be announced soon.