Epcot will offer a modified version of its International Festival of the Arts beginning January 8, 2021 and running through February 22, 2021. The reduced offering will be called the ‘Taste of Epcot International Festival of the Arts’ and will include many of the offerings that made the festival a fan favorite.
Disney’s announcement mentioned that guests will enjoy the following during the festival:
- Indulge in over 15 Food Studios serving culinary art all around World Showcase
- Explore and purchase the brilliant and diverse work of Disney and other invited artists on display in marketplaces encircling World Showcase Lagoon
- Step into the scene at special photo locations scattered around the park
- Participate in a paint-by-number mural that serves as a collaborative art project for all
- Watch as visiting artists create magic right before your eyes
- Catch performances by favorite EPCOT musical artists Mariachi Cobre and the JAMMitors.
- Join an artful scavenger hunt as you search for Figment around World Showcase
- Shop for festival-exclusive merchandise
It’s great to see live entertainment such as the JAMMitors and Mariachi Cobre included in Epcot’s future festival plans. It’s also nice to see artists being welcomed back to show off their work to fellow Disney fans.
Unfortunately, some of the more interactive components of the Festival of the Arts – such as the workshops and classes – are understandably missing. The Broadway Concert Series has also been excluded due to the crowds the performances attract.